- August 2018 - present: Lecturer in Psychology at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), King's College London
- June 2016 - July 2018: Postdoctoral Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellow at the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, The Hamilton Lab (Dr. Antonia Hamilton).
- Jan 2016 - May 2016: Postdoctoral researcher at the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, The Hamilton Lab (Dr. Antonia Hamilton).
- Jan 2014 – Dec 2015: Postdoctoral researcher and teaching assistant at the University Hospital of Cologne, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Imaging Group (Prof. Dr. Dr. Kai Vogeley).
- Oct 2008 – Dec 2013: Predoctoral researcher and teaching assistant at the University Hospital of Cologne, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Imaging Group (Prof. Dr. Dr. Kai Vogeley).
- Dec 2006 – Sept 2008: Research assistant at the University Hospital of Cologne, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Imaging Group (Prof. Dr. Dr. Kai Vogeley).
- Oct 2006 – Dec 2006: Research assistant at the Department of Social Psychology at the University of Cologne (Prof. Dr. Thomas Mussweiler).
- Oct 2008 – Dec 2013: doctoral degree with Prof. Dr. Dr. Kai Vogeley, University Hospital of Cologne, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Imaging Group and Univ.-Prof. Dr. Gary Bente, University of Cologne, Germany.
- Oct 2003 – Sept2008: Psychology (Diploma, equivalent to Master‘s degree) at the University of Cologne, Germany. Thesis: “Neural Correlates of ‘Social Gaze’ under Systematic Variation of Gaze Duration – A Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study” (with Univ.-Prof. Dr. G. Bente and Prof. Dr. Dr. K. Vogeley).
- Sept 1990 – June 2003: High School Graduation (Abitur) at the ‘Deutsches Goethe Kolleg’, Bucharest, Romania.
- July 2017: EPS funding for a Postgraduate Workshop on "Methodological Advances in Interactive Social Gaze Research: From the Lab to the Real World"
- January 2016: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship for a project on dyadic social interaction
- October 2015: Travel grant from the Felgenhauer Foundation for the Promotion of Young Neuroscientists
- July 2015: GlaxoSmithKline Travel Award
- June 2015: UoC postdoc grant for a project on Interpersonal Coordination in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- August 2014: Poster prize at the workshop “Social Cognition: Origins, Mechanisms and Disorders” at the University of Surrey, Guildford, UK (£ 200)
- August 2013: “Neural Correlates of ‘Social Gaze’ Processing in High Functioning Autism Under Systematic Variation of Gaze Duration” was selected paper of the month August at the Institute for Neuroscience and Medicine of the Research Center in Jülich, Germany
- Neuroimaging: SPM5, SPM8, SPM12 and various toolboxes;
- Computing: Operating systems Windows and Mac OS X, Matlab (beginner level), Python (beginner level), statistical analysis software: SPSS, experiment programming software: Presentation (SDL & PCL), Vizard, stimulus building software: Photoshop, Poser, Alias MotionBuilder and various video editing software
- Teaching & Supervision: since 2009: (co)-teaching various seminars for Bachelor students in neuroscience and psychology at the University of Cologne (“Neuroimaging”; “Neurobiological Dysfunction Models of Psychiatric Disorders”; „From Cells to Behavior“) & (co-)supervision of various Bachelor, Master's and doctoral theses for medical, neuroscience and psychology students at the University of Cologne
- Clinical: clinical internship at the University Hospital of Cologne; neuropsychological diagnostics intern in the autism outpatient clinic at the University Hospital of Cologne; ABA co-therapist (one year, one-on-one therapy with a child with Kanner's autism); GATE - therapist training (group therapy for adults with high-functioning autism)
- Organizing: I (co-)organized a few events, most recently a conference on the Diversity of Social Cognition.
- Languages: Romanian, German (native languages), English (very fluent), French (basic)
MEMBERSHIPS (past & present)
- Autism Spectrum Research Association (WGAS, Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft Autismus-Spektrum)
- Cognitive Science Society
- German Association for Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics
- MINT-Women: Cornelia Harte Mentoring Programme
- Culture and Brain
- Neuroscience and Biobehavioural Reviews
- Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- 7th Affective Computing and Intelligent Interaction (ACII 2017)
- IEEE VR 2018